View my new listing for sale at Country Estate - T14, Sao Teotonio, Odemira, Sao Teotonio and currently listed at $4,750,000.
Ancient Estate Comprising 5 Stylish Eco Friendly Luxury Villas and 240 Hectares in SW Coastal Portugal with 12,000 m 2 Building Potential.
This 240 hectares of rural beauty on an ancient estate had been in the same family for 400 years before the present owner bought the 3 different pieces of land (owned separately by cousins) and reconnected once more this prestigious property.
The beauty of this land is enhanced by the total privacy and contact to nature whilst providing contemporary comfort of quality built houses, respecting the traditional techniques, but incorporating geothermic central heating, which maintains the villa fresh in summer and warm in winter, and excessive use of local materials such as: cork for isolation and sheet marble from local quarries, double glazed windows and doors, to create exceptionally luxurious bathrooms and kitchens.
A soulful experience where the villas that are spread out along the valley are stylish and ultra-comfortable, with fresh cool vine covered terraces. Roses surround the buildings, their fragrance blending with the eucalyptus. Each site has a totally different feel; from the commanding vistas of the windmill to a low down, sheltered land and totally old world feel of the watermill and sweeping vistas from the main houses down the valley.
Traditionally this land has been used for cork production and small scale agriculture and pasture grazing. The landscape has been maintained primarily with a mind to nurture new sapling trees and promote a heathy environment, keeping a fine balance between keeping it clean and promoting new growth.
• 240 Hectares
• Approx. 100 hectares of Cork including 25 hectares of new cork planted in 2001
• Thousands of self-seeded new sapling trees
• Approx. 80 Hectares of flat Agricultural land
• River running through the valley
• Large irrigation canal running through lower part of the property
• 6 reservoirs
• 6 wells
• 1 bore hole
• 10 plus natural springs
• 95% perimeter fencing
HOUSING AND STRUCTURES
6 Taipas Houses
• Cork Insulated and made with rammed earth.
• Main House: 495m2. 5 Double ensuite bedrooms, geothermic central heating and hot water.
• Monte 1. 265m2. 3 double ensuite bedrooms, 1 twin ensuite bedroom. geothermic central heating and hot water.
• Monte 2. 165m2. 3 double bedrooms. 1 large bathroom. Geothermic central heating and hot water.
• Monte 3. 55m2, 1 double bedroom and bathroom.
• Monte 4. 40m2. 1 double bedroom ensuite.
• Pool House. 80m2
• 15 x 6 m2 swimming Pool with expansive terracing.
• Auxiliary wooden building 75m2, housing maintenance storage, bike shed and laundry .
• 1 renovated water mill.
• 8 caravans - trailers- on 4 sites. fitted with septic tanks, running water, solar panels, terracing and wooden shade structures.
• 3 ruins ready for development, with water and electricity supplies nearby.
• Discription of existing buildings
• 1090m2 of covered build
• 1000m2 of teracing
• Iron roll top baths shipped from UK along with other high quality fitments. mostly from www.thewatermanopoly.com
• Custom made traditional Hydraulic floor tiles.
• Hand made ceramic Portuguese bathroom tiles.
• Portuguese Sheet marble walls.
• UK Aga Range Cookers.
• Geothermic central heating and hotwater, maintaining very comfortable living conditions in winter.
• Most principle rooms have fireplaces.
• Approx 70 cm each of roof and floor insulations.
• 50 cm thick taipas walls.
• German made high quality double glazed wooden windows and doors. All fitted with folding wooden shutters.
• All rooms and terraces have unspoilt views, not seeing a road, another house, pylons etc.
• 13km inland from the Atlantic Coast
• Low density area, with few competitors offering high quality accommodation.
• Good road access: 2.5 hours from Lisbon. 1 hour to the Algarve. 1.5 hours to Faro Airport.
Good reachable traffic
On Quiet Road
View - Mountain